Sunday, January 16, 2011

#31 - The 123 Collection

Welcome to my nail blog.

I intend on using this as an online database of all of my polishes to help me choose what I want to wear, and also to encourage me to actually wear everything I have.

I've decided to go through my polishes by colour family to make it easier.

Here's number one - #31 from The 123 Collection.

This is from The 123 Collection, you can get them from discount stores in New Zealand. I'm disappointed these guys don't have names because they have some pretty cool colours.

Here's a bottle shot. The glitter looked quite dense, so I was hoping that I would be able to make it opaque, however, that was not the case.



Here's the polish layered over white (index), black (middle), silver (ring) and alone (pinky).

This is 4 coats.

As you can see in this pic, there are several sizes and colours of glitter, including some large holos, which are quite cool.


As you can see, it would pretty much never become totally opaque.

The glitter takes ages to dry because you have to do pretty thick layers to get the glitter off the brush and you would need a good thick top coat to even it out.

I might consider putting more glitter in this one to make it more dense and see if that makes it better.

I think I would only ever wear this over black, but it does look pretty awesome layered.

2 comments:

  1. I like it over the white as well as the black. I'm totally going to be inspired by your blog too, so many awesome things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white would be better with a couple more coats of glitter. I love glitter!

    ReplyDelete